Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify at least one tool for evaluating youth readiness for healthcare transition
- Describe best practices for the timing and order of progression for healthcare transition preparation
- Provide the key components of healthcare transition preparation
- Provide the key components of healthcare transition implementation
- Describe the determinants and measurable outcomes of successful healthcare transition
- Marcus C. Allen, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Dana Yarbrough, MA, Center for Family Involvement, Partnership for People with Disabilities, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bethany Geldmaker, PhD PNP, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Shamaree Cromartie, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Carla Hegwood, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Meagan Robinson, DrPH MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Kathleen Bunch-Meneses, MS, Program Manager, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education
The content within this module was used in part and adapted from the content contained at Got Transition
and is used with permission.
Learning Method and Medium:
Learners participate in the interactive learning modules by correctly answering multiple choice questions dispersed throughout. Learners will be prompted to try again if a question is answered incorrectly. The course will open in a new tab – to exit the course, simply close that tab.
This publication and website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $12,287,553. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Purchase grants one learner one year’s access to lessons and quizzes (access expires 365 days from date of course activation).